Paperback: 864 pages
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, The CIA World Factbook 2009 is full of complete and up-to-date information on the world's countries. This all-inclusive reference guide has been updated for 2009 with detailed information on politics, military expenditures, populations, economics, and much more. Originally intended for use by government officials, this all-new reference guide is a must for every student, traveler, journalist, and business person.
• Useful maps with new geopolitical data.
• Details on prominent political parties, and contact information for diplomatic consultation.
• A full description of the population of each country, with information on literacy rates, HIV prevalence, and age structure.
• A complete economic overview from household income to Gross Domestic Product.
• Information on transportation and communication infrastructure.
• New data on military expenditures and capabilities.
• User-friendly headings, sub-headings, an index, and a list of physical coordinates of major places for easy reading
• 160 b/w illustrations
Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing (October 21, 2008)
Product Dimensions: 9.9 x 7 x 2 inches